Socket.io version 1.0

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Does the client support communication with nodeJS server running on SocketIO 1.0 version?
May 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Edited May 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Now is version 1.0 out, are you planning support it? pelase please :))

http://socket.io/
Coordinator
May 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Contrats to Guillermo and the socket.io team & contributors - just saw the release notes.

I am planning support - will need to dive into the 1.0 stuff and see whats been done in the transport layer.

Thanks for the update...

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Any progress on the new version? Are you working on it? Or is it something I have to look into myself?
Jul 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM
I have the same question. We are using socket.io 1.0 and have a need for SocketIO4Net. How much would I have to PayPal you to get 1.0 support? ;)

Thanks in advance for you time.
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM
311chaos wrote:
I have the same question. We are using socket.io 1.0 and have a need for SocketIO4Net. How much would I have to PayPal you to get 1.0 support? ;)

Thanks in advance for you time.
As the song goes: whiskey for my men, beer for my horses is always an option. :-)
Time wise - probably by end of the month.
Jul 2, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Thanks for the response. Ill buy your horse a beer...

PS - I think that you owe me a drink for making me look up that song....
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2014 at 10:59 PM
You never know when trivia like that could come in in handy!

And a big thank you!

Jim

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Hi,

this is a much needed update, thanks for the support!

Br,

Janne
Jul 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
jstott - Do you have any idea of if you are still planning for an end of the month release? We have looked at trying to contribute however it looks like its a pretty big re-do to get integrated to engine.io. Have you started on this? Is there something that we can contribute to?
Jul 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
stott -- would love to contact you. we have deep need for 1.0, happy to provide beer for horses.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 5:03 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Sorry guys (and gals) - To be perfectly honest, I just don't have the free time it takes to put towards this project.

I've tried for a while to get after it, but days turn to weeks, weeks turn to...you get the idea. The socket.io v1 stuff is something I really wanted for some time now, but it was delayed, I had other deadlines, things happen, yada yada. At the end of the day, my other projects are heading in a different directions (HTML5 / AngularJS) than C# clients, so my primary focus is there.

I put a discussion:554789 about the project no longer being maintained...it's time I pull the plug on myself.

There are several forks of the project, and I'd encourage you to do the same, or possibly collaborate and use this project (github dev branch for a better starting point) as a stepping stone to an even better solution.

All the best.

Jim