SSL / WSS support

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Could not find a discussion where the status of SSL / WSS support is detailed. Could someone shed some light on when it might become available or a specific branch the support is being worked on so that one could begin testing it? Its' basically the only thing preventing me from using this great library in our enterprise application.

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

In regards to this discussion:

http://websocket4net.codeplex.com/discussions/299150

The author of Websocket4Net which this project is built on, clearly states that there is support for SSL / WSS already.

So could somebody enlighten me to why there is no support for SSL / WSS in this project?

I'm really interested in to why, and what is lacking for it to be properly supported? With a detailed description

of what pieces are missing, i'm willing to add the support myself :)

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 5:26 PM

"So could somebody enlighten me to why there is no support for SSL / WSS in this project?
I'm really interested in to why, and what is lacking for it to be properly supported? With a detailed description..."

The only reason I have not updated the home page "missing items" section is my lack-of-testing for support.  This statement originated from the time Websocket4Net did not support it.  There is nothing in source that should preclude SSL/WSS support as is that I know of...  

Is there a particular issue you've already encountered and/or could you run a quick test and report your results please?

Jim

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I ran a couple of quick tests for SSL/WSS connections & local self-signed cert's, working fine as is...

Jim

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I'll test it tomorrow :)