Events not firing in socket client

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hi,

I am able to receive heartbeats from the server but I am not able to receive any events fired from the socket server.

This is what I am using in java script client which is working perfect

socket.on('file', function (data) {
		          alert('Received file -> ' + JSON.stringify(data));
		        });

Above code is working fine with out any issue but when I use it in .net client then the event never get fired. Below is the code I am using for for .net client

socket.On("file", (data) =>
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Data is received");
                    Console.WriteLine(data.Json.ToJsonString());

});

Updates: I see that SuperSocket.ClientEngine reference has esclamation marks tried to research on that and found that can be downloaded from supersocket, after downloading was not able to find SuperSocket.ClientEngine.dll, how ever there were othere dlls SuperSocket.Common.dll,SuperSocket.Facility.dll,SuperSocket.Test.dll etc.

Is this dll causing issue for me. Please advice.

Sandy

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM

SuperSocket.ClientEngine and SocketIO4Net.Client don't actually go together, so I'm a little confused about your setup?

Not being sure how you've installed SocketIO4Net.Client (via source code or nuget - recommend via nuget fwiw) - your two dependencies should be SocketI04Net.Client and WebSocket4Net (in your client project references) - these two libraries work together to give you the Socket.IO flavor in C#.

Have you tried to get the SocketIO4Net TestProject going as a working example?

Could you also include a bit more of the socket.io / node server code - as well as C# client code so I have a better view into your setup?