NuGet Package Outdated / General Pulse of the Project

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM
How active is this project?

It doesn't seem like there has been a commit on any branch for a year. And the NuGet package is missing the authentication code from https://socketio4net.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/ff3a75101f20ff0b56d9a88089650be191b9434a

Would anyone please comment on the general pulse of the project and when the NuGet package will be updated?

Thanks, Rick
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
For good or bad, the answer is "not very." It currently meets my needs and I assume the needs of some of the others who've done some hacking on it, and/or those that have forked for a particular need. I'm using it in a production environment right now though, for what its worth. I try and respond to most messages here and posted on SO as timely as possible...

Agree NuGet is missing the latest check-in - will get that updated by the weekend - thanks for the reminder.

Have you been able to get it going, or is there there anything in particulate I can answer?

Thanks,

Jim
Sep 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Jim,

Thanks for the feedback.

We haven't had any trouble making it work with our code. My concern was really about maintenance. (I'd rather manage the dependency through NuGet.)

Since it's not very active, I might fork the project, in case we need to make changes.

Best,

Rick
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Good to hear you have it working w/o any trouble! Forking & pull requests ;) are always an option!

Enjoy,

Jim