This project will no longer be maintained.

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM
I've struggled with this for some time now, not wanting to give up, yet never finding the time I needed to devote to it. It’s time to say the words I never wanted to say: this project will no longer be maintained.

As much as I love socketio4.net, I think it’s safe to say this project has been effectively retired for some time now. As much as I would like to continue efforts with it, my time and energy are simply in other areas and projects.

It’s an awesome feeling being able to give back just a little something into the community. I encourage anyone reading this to at some point to give it a try, if you haven’t already. Find that itch, and try to make it better, it’ll make you better for it.

This code will not be withdrawn, it will be left here and on github with the current state of the development branch. Anyone who wants to fork (as many others already have) and continue maintenance of the code is welcome to do so.

Finally, I like to offer a sincere thanks to everyone who downloaded this code, anyone who looked at the source, anyone who is actually using it or has, and anyone who took the time to comment here or by email.

I'd also like to personally thank Kerry Jiang for his websocket4net project. Without his efforts, this project wouldn't have seen the light of day - thank you Kerry!

Thank you all!

Jim
Aug 12, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Thanks a lot for your effort. The project has been big help for my project.
Sep 29, 2014 at 1:07 AM
There is a new c# client library for socket.io 1.0 or later: SocketIoClientDotNet
Jan 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2015 at 7:21 PM
I took a quick stab with your code in a C# console project.

I was looking for something that could do the Socket.io syntax to follow along with the video, except with C#:

var socket = io.connect("http://localhost:1337");

socket.request("/user", "{}", function (user) { console.log(users); });
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GK-tFvpIR7c&t=5m47s

I'll take a look at that other resource...

Thanks,

~TimG